Thursday 7 March 2013

Marshalling and me

I just found this saved in my drafts. I wrote it back in September or October. But I thought I'd post it now because it's only a couple of weeks till I get to start marshalling again now the winter break is over, and I just can't wait.

So here you go. My thoughts on being a motorsport marshal. It's not long, and I think it's unfinished, but at the same time it sums up everything I'd need to say.

************
A few months ago I posted this on the Twitter:


Since then I've had another 2 amazing marshalling weekends that just reinforce that statement even further.

I have to wake up at about 5am. I have to stand in the cold/rain/wind/sun all day long. I wear steel capped boots that make my feet ache by the end of the day. And unfetching black/orange overalls with an oversized neon orange jacket that somehow makes me lose the circulation to my hands. And I love every single moment.

************

In other news, I have no idea why I called it "the Twitter" as if I'm 90 years old. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose, but I like it.

1 comment: